Friday, March 20, 2009

Being Helpless!!!!!......


HELPLESS!!!!!!......


This word frightens me to death..... Scares the hell out of me.......
Being helpless is perhaps the scariest thing in my life... N incidentally it happens all the time... Ummm.. not all the time maybe... but too many times to scare me.....

I feel helpless when i see children who should be in schools or secure at their homes, begging on the roads... i probably can give them money/food at that moment.. But beyond that m helpless!!!!!!....


I feel helpless when i see kids abandoned on the roads, babies left in orphanages... How can anyone give up their own child???!!!!.. Look out and see how many parents crave, pray n plead to God for the blessing he has bestowed upon u!!.....

When i see some old grandpa's n grandma's.... living their second innings of life.... ALONE!!!... In old age homes.. or sometimes neglected in their own homes... fighting the new demons of life all by themselves.. I feel helpless.... How can a child shun a parent like tat.... A parent who has not only given u life!!.. But also nurtured it!!!....

When i see terrorists blowing apart this country to pieces... because of misguided values... i feel helpless.... helpless to stop them....

When i see the youth submitting or turning towards terrorism as solution to their problem.. as a revenge to their pain.. i feel helpless!!!.... helpless to guide them.... helpless to make them understand that, giving back that pain, resorting that harm on innocent people can never ever lessen your pain or compensate your loss....

When I see my family and friends in pain.... when i see them upset..... distraught.... heart-broken.... anguished..... let down.... I feel helpless!!!.... I feel so helpless...... Helpless in easing their pain... in lessening their hurts.... in consoling them... Helpless coz' they don't seem to need me.....


This HELPLESSNESS threatens to overwhelm me.... undermine me..... alienate me... Making me feel insecure of my necessity in this world.... Unwanted by the relations i have been blessed with n the ones i have formed.... Uncertain about my reason to live on!!!!!....
But most of all... it makes me feel IMPOTENT!!!.... A complete FAILURE!!!!!!!.... coz' i cant do damn about all this except for cribbing here.... condemn myself... or let my tears wither for waste........ :(:(:(:(:(





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey
to feel sincerely for these issues is the starting point to be actually able to do something about them. b positive and best of luck!!!
plus, god helps those who help themselves:)

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

The best way to do something is to Start !! Even if the deed is small ..

luv_lavanya said...

@anonymous...
thanks for the encouragement.. :)

@vinod...
i completely agree wid ya.. thanks.. :)